As we emerge from lock-down, what is going to change in your business?
Our April newsletter referred to the need to be change-ready and how you can self-assess, (with our diagnostic tool).
But we’re now reaching the stage for action. We strongly advocate the use of a one page plan which looks at where you are now, where you need to be, (perhaps in more than one scenario), and then the actions you need to take to get there. Our one page plan templates are freely available – please just ask. A strategic SWOT analysis will help you generate the actions you need to take – again templates freely available
So where are now you in the key areas of your business and where do you need to be?
Consider key areas, for example:
- Staff –consider communications, seating arrangements, motivation and morale, working hours/lunch breaks, hygiene, health and safety and well-being.
- Customers – do they want the same products and services? How will you look after them and interact with them? Will your marketing activities need to adapt? New opportunities for growth?
- Suppliers – do you know what they are going through? Have your lead times changes? Can you complete orders? Do you need to find new ones?
- Finance – forecasts, risk, short-term/long-term funding, credit control, profitability and elimination of waste, insurances, tax reliefs.….
- Technology – how have your systems fared over the last 2 months, what needs to improve?
And if you’re unsure what to do, please talk to us. A problem shared….