- The deficit was £30.5 billion in 2019.
- One in five employers are likely to make redundancies.
- Borrowing stood at £17.9 billion in June 2021.
- One in five remain unsure about their debt repayments.
- HMRC demanded bills over historic contractor assessment errors.
- The proportion of retail sales fell in the same period.
- The ICAEW criticised the way the AQR is managed.
- Business confidence in the sector remains low, however.
- Borrowing in June 2021 was the second highest on record.
- Official forecasts for average wage growth look good for retirees.
Get in touch
We love it when the phone rings or the inbox pings so drop us a line, at whatever time of day or night, and we’ll get back to you as soon as possible.