Clients often say they don’t need a business plan because:
- They don’t need to raise finance. We say, but what about setting your targets for the next financial period?
- They have all their plans in their heads. We say, by committing your thoughts to paper, you can share your plan with your team and make it more real, turning it into actionable targets.
- It won’t help them grow the business. We say, if it sets out key strategies, measurable actions, responsibilities and target dates which are all achieved, your business will definitely grow.
- My business environment is too changeable. We say, a business plan that is reviewed and updated regularly will set you in the right direction and guide you towards your vision. Of course we agree that a business must be aware of risks and scenario changes: but plan for them too.
- It takes too long to write and is too complicated. We say use our simple one page plan template, which sets out where you are now, where you want to get to and how, by every objective being SMART: specific, measurable, achievable, relevant and timely.
The bottom line is that research indicates that businesses with plans significantly out-perform those without, in terms of growth and profitability.
Let me know if you would like me to send you a one page plan template; or if you want to talk about your business plan.